The Louisiana Board of Architectural Examiners investigates complaints and violations through its investigator. Rulings are based on LSBAE rules and laws in effect at the time of the violation. Recent disciplinary actions are published in Louisiana Architect, the bi-annual newsletter, and shared with other architect registration boards throughout the United States.
SUMMARY OF PROCEDURES FOR FILING A COMPLAINT AGAINST LICENSED ARCHITECTS
WHAT WE NEED TO PROCESS THE COMPLAINT
In order to investigate the complaint, we must have your name, complete mailing address, and daytime telephone number, including area code and e-mail address. Please provide as much information as possible about the individual against whom you are complaining (Respondent).
- Indicate specifically items that were done improperly/incompletely.
- Describe the evidence that is available and provide copies of design drawings, correspondence, invoices or other written items to document the complaint.
- Provide the name, address, and daytime telephone number of any witness who can provide testimony.
- If you have a signed contract or letter of agreement with the architect, please provide a copy.
Please do not file a complaint if litigation is underway.
The authority of the Board is established in the licensing law enacted by the legislature. The Board has not been granted the authority to settle contract disputes between architects and owners/clients. Please note that the Board is prohibited from settling contract disputes between architects and owner/clients.
SUMMARY OF PROCEDURES FOR FILING A COMPLAINT AGAINST THE BOARD
In compliance with Act 2018-655, the Board gives notice to its licensees and applicants of their opportunity file a complaint about a board action or board procedure by submitting such complaints to one or more of the following organizations:
- Louisiana State Board of Architectural Examiners; 9625 Fenway Avenue, Suite B; Baton Rouge, La. 70809; 225.925.4802: email@example.com
- Committee on House & Governmental Affairs; Louisiana House of Representatives; P.O. Box 44486; Baton Rouge, La. 70804; 225.342.2403; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee on Senate & Governmental Affairs; Louisiana Senate; P.O. Box 94183: Baton Rouge, La. 70804; 225.342.9845: email@example.com